Search

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Cracking

Mr. Rauf Kalasra is one of those journalists whose columns always create a buzz in the society. Most of the times the stories he break have the power to melt the stone hearted people. I agree to the fact that on some points I keep my differences with him but this place will not be used to discuss his political stance. This column is strictly related to his column published in TDJ on Friday 26th march 2010.

After reading this column I felt like a sick dog whose body is filled with blood sucker fleas and he’s inching away to death. The pain in the column is so strong that it can dumb struck anyone. As I am typing this my fingers are shaking with sorrow and grief. I can’t even think straight. I feel on an all time low. Why do incidents like this keep on happening on such a regular basis? I’m sure many of us hear these kinds of stories every day. I remember my ammi telling a some what same story on 10 October 2005.


The column is about an 11 year old girl from swat whose life was turned around by the GOD forsaken Taliban’s- the real enemies of Islam. The story is very short. The father of the girl joined Taliban’s because he received a ticket of heaven from them. He quitted on his family and started a quest against his own country men. He died when the forces started the operation. Her mother died a medical death soon after. At that point the girl left the house and ended up in the red light area. Just imagine a girl who is just 11, who has seen nothing in her life, who doesn’t even know the meaning of life properly ended up in the SIN HEAVEN and would have lived or died there had it not been for the merciful taxi driver in pindi who instead of dropping her to an alien place took her to his home and kept her with his family. Later on he took her to the Edhi centre.


Have we become so morally corrupt that for our own pleasure we don’t even resist from playing with young girls lives. The girls who have already lost every thing they have and the only thing they have with them is there pride. Yet we take that. How low can we get? How many girls have suffered through the hands of such morally corrupt people? How many stories are buried under the ashes? Who will look after these girls even if they are rescued? Who will marry these girls? Will the society ever accept them? Will they ever get justice?


Questions like these are just popping into my mind. I have started to loose it. I have come to a conclusion that it’s because of incidents like these our prayers don’t get answered and our nation is not making any progress. Unless and until we become morally pure we won’t be able to make any progress and will keep on lurking in the dark shadows.

P.S
I always try not to preach in my posts but some how I end up doing the same thing

No comments:

Post a Comment