Search

Saturday, March 13, 2010

C.P.E elections

Back in high school, a very good friend of mine contested in the school body elections. Unfortunately she lost by a huge margin. It was a good experience though.

Now after some years I found that C.P.E is organizing student body elections. At first thought of contesting but immediately dropped the idea because the election is for only two posts- President and Vice-President.

Two posts! just two posts. What on earth are they thinking? It seems that they don’t even know the whole concept behind elections. As this is not a place to give lectures or preach I’ll just highlight some of the funny things that I have noticed till now. The voting will be on Wednesday so actual winners can’t be predicted.

First thing that amused I was the sms alert by the management which said that Rs. 150 should be deposited to obtain a student card. As students without the card will not be allowed to vote. Excellent idea to mint money out of this whole plan. Kudos to the guy who came up with such ingenious idea.

The second thing is the party slogans. Quoting some of them right now:1. vote for me if you think life is beautiful
2. Vote for the lukyz
3. I am the solution to all your problems (it should have been I am behind all your problems)
4. Vote for evolution and revolution
5. Vote for justice for all

I haven’t been to C.P.E for past 3 days so I don’t know how things are turning out to be with the slogans and the chants.

The third thing is the interesting photographs on there banners. I mean do you have to put up pictures in which you are not even recognizable. Most of the candidates have printed pictures in which the flash of the camera is more visible than there face.

The most interesting thing is the distribution of ribbons by the candidates to the potential voters. One great person is distributing red ribbons every where as he’s running HIV awareness campaign.

There are some more interesting things as well but I am censoring them. As I don’t want to start controversies over here.

In the end, all the best to all those who are competing. Thanks for providing us with some much needed amusement.

2 comments:

  1. I hate politics. As a friend once said, politics is just another business. CPE is certainly making sure its profitable for them. No doubt the victor will be the biggest idiot. Good luck.

    Talha A. B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rememeber the guy who was standing next to u at the canteen and was swearing out loud. he won

    ReplyDelete