Search

Friday, January 22, 2010

The damage is yet to follow

After ditching the dinner at home today, I went to a night out with a good friend. “1969”, Jinnah and KC proved to be the places that were blessed with royalty. After reaching home at about 2300 hrs I found out that the guests have left and my dad was waiting for a friend who works for some organization that I cannot disclose here. So as always I asked Ammi for some food. Fortunately she had saved some malai chicken for me.

While I was helping myself to a huge serving I heard the door bell ring. As expected it was my dad’s friend. I ushered him to the drawing room and left to finish my food. I was done in a couple of minutes and started to watch the highlights of the cricket match that we lost today. My ammi called me to take the coffee for the guest. I entered the room with the coffee mugs and the home made cookies which smelled great (I smuggled one into my mouth before entering the room).

Upon entering the room I heard the guest saying that at the unfortunate moharam incident in karachi the biggest illegal money market in Pakistan was robbed. My jaw dropped straight away. The Bolton money market was known for entertaining every customer. Once in a sting operation a fake customer exchanged $100,000 for Pakistani rupees. That’s a jaw dropping 8.3 million PKR. No wonder no claim has been filled by the owners of those shops for compensation as that would expose them to the tax authorities.

Since it is proved that the whole incident was well organized, does this mean that robbing the market was also part of there plan? A place which can generate 8 million rupees in 5 minutes must be holding at least 80 million worth cash in both local and foreign currencies. Just imagine the kind of destruction can be done from that money. People say that the total damage was 5 trillion rupees but I say the damage has yet to start because I am sure that this money will be used for funding the terrorist activities.

Beware my country mates the damage is yet to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment